Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thompson Hine Craft Fair








I've been focusing for the past few weeks on creating ornaments for the annual craft fair at work.  I try to make them different every year, so people (and I!) don't get bored.  This year has been exciting because I can tell how much my work has improved, both visually and in how quickly I can put things together.  I've already more ornaments made than I had in the entire show last year, and I've another full week to play.  I had to come up with a new way to display them, since the trees I hung them on last year aren't large enough to hold this year's inventory!


I'm also excited for the new forms I'm playing with this year.  My faces have improved dramatically.  I have the proportions where I want them.  Now I need to work on improving the eyes and making the expressions I WANT instead of what just happens to come across.  I've ideas for figurines and "Shelflings" that will rely heavily on these new skills.  


The best part of this year's work is I finally feel it's of a quality to take to the general public.  I'm hoping my excitement will carry past the holiday season and into the new year, where I can start building an inventory and actually work toward selling at craft shows (and possibly on-line).  I'll keep you posted as to where I'll be and what I'm working on, as I go.


The adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment