Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2009 Thompson Hine Craft Fair


The Thompson Hine 2009 Craft Fair has come and gone.  It was fun getting everything together and there were some really neat items for sale.  Yummy treats, beautiful jewelry and some beautiful holiday gift ideas.  It was not, however, my best year.


I'd planned to display my ornaments hanging from spring loaded curtain rods in the windows.  Turns out the windows in the conference room where the Craft Fair was held are smaller than the windows outside the conference room.  The rods I brought didn't fit, so I had to display on the table.  This reduced visibility both because they were packaged in plastic bags (for protection and a place to put price tags) and because they were easily lost in the padding.

I raised my prices this year as well, since my designs were more involved and varied.  With the economy the way it is, I guess that may not have been my best option.  The end result is I have a full inventory for anyone who might still be interested, but couldn't purchase before payday, and I have a full inventory for next year's craft fairs as well.  


One positive was the reaction to the candy bowl I donated as a raffle prize.  I have a potential order to create a duplicate bowl, and was told I should be making those for sale.  Next year will probably see a few.


I am looking for new craft fairs and sales to carry me through the year.  My next focus (after Christmas) is UpStage Artisan Alley February 23rd.  I was wavering over participating and am leaning more and more toward committing.  I will have to come up with a non-holiday inventory (which will also show up in next year's TH craft fair), so look for new images and ideas coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment