Sunday, December 13, 2009

Addendum to the TH Craft Fair

Seems while I didn't sell that many ornaments at the TH Craft Fair itself, I've made an impression and requests are trickling in for purchases of the stock I have left.  YAY!  In addition to several sales from my posts and blogs, I now have to recreate 2 copies of the gingerbread globes, as well as the one with all the presents.  







I was supposed to have the new ornaments finished this weekend but I spent so much time preparing for and making holiday cookies with the family, there simply wasn't time.  I love our family Cookie Day, where we pull out the recipes our Grandmother used to make, but it is a LONG day and we were all very tired by the time we packed up and headed home.  (I can't lie - I went out singing Saturday night, too!)  No matter.  I will have the requested ornaments by Tuesday, and I'm certain no one will mind.


Normally when I finish with the TH Craft Fair I have enough ornaments left over to gift my family and friends, calling Christmas done and putting my clay away for another year.  Last year I had so many orders in addition to what I prepared, I was making ornaments for my family Christmas day!  This year has been a little different.  I could give my family and friends ornaments, but while I have plenty in stock I really want to do something different.  I'm experiencing what my sister Julie calls Ghosts, which are new ideas haunting me.  I go to bed knowing what I'm going to do for someone, then wake up the next morning with either a variation or an entirely new concept that simply won't leave me alone.  I have changed my mind several times, and am starting to feel the press of time which might make the new ideas impossible to carry out.  It's one thing to create a variation on something I've already worked out the process for.  It's an entirely different thing to come up with both process and technique, all on short notice.  Some members of my family might just get the pieces parts wrapped, with the promise of a completed project some time in January!


It's also fun to work on new, non-Christmas related ideas for the UpStage Artisan Alley I will have a table at on February 13th.  I understand this will be a wonderful show with at least 18-20 artists and crafters participating.  I can't wait to see what type of work others are doing!  I ultimately hope to find a show a month to participate in so if you hear of any in your area please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment